Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Summer Sun

Here is the quilt that I made for the Monochromatic Quilt Challenge. I tried to keep it to just red - the recipients first color choice. The season is Summer which was my choice. the challenge here was figuring out how to make the sun rays look staggered and not have it be obvious where I started the piecing project. The second challenge was keeping track of which red I used where and how it all went together in the end so I didn't have the same red next to each other! I got it to work with some help from pinning numbers on the peaces to keep track of it all.

1 comment:

The Quilting Pirate said...

wow, what a great piece!!